What does it take?
As conditions of employment, drivers must:
1. Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License. *
- Be at least 23 years of age.
- Not have more than three (3) moving violations in the previous two years.
- Not have any alcohol / drug related offenses on driving record.
- Not have any recordable preventable accidents within past two years.
- Not have any felony convictions involving the use of motor vehicle.
- Not have any convictions for driving while license is suspended or revoked.
2. Have at least 1-year previous tractor-trailer driving experience.
- (Experience with pneumatic trailers and tankers is not required. We will train drivers on the operation of specialized equipment.)
3. Have the ability to: read, write, speak English and perform
simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle
receipts, read maps and road signs, and maintain logs.
4. Meet the physical requirements of (DOT) Department
5. Have the physical ability to safely climb equipment as required.
6. Have the physical ability to drive durations as allowed by
DOT safety regulations.
7. Pick up and deliver in a timely “on schedule” manner.
8. Maintain daily communications with Operations.
9. Maintain safe and proper use of equipment assigned.
10. Report any and all accidents or cargo spills /
11. Report any and all citations within 24 hours.
12. Turn in all paperwork, including logs, in an orderly and timely
13. Maintain cleanliness and good personal hygiene at all times.
14. Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner.
15. Inspect equipment daily and immediately report deficiencies (if
found) to Maintenance.
[Note that, in addition to the foregoing, as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations 49 C.F.R. 382.301 and company policy, all prospective drivers must submit to a controlled substance test involving collection of a urine sample which will be tested for the following controlled substances: Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Amphetamines and Phencyclidine (PCP).]
[* Candidates with a questionable driver record will not be considered for employment. * Immediate dismissal of an employed driver will result if the driver’s driving record is found to be questionable or if any moving violations occur during the driver’s probationary period.*]